If you play Australian lotteries online, here are some interesting facts you might like to know.
When it comes to lotteries, Australia definitely knows know to set up a good game! After all, lotteries such as Australian Powerball, the Oz Lotto and the Australian Lotto 6/45, are household names in many a lottery lover’s home.
Whether you are an avid online lottery player or just a newbie starting out, here are 15 surprising and interesting facts about these popular Australian lotteries you’ll want to know!
(Also known as the Australia Saturday Lotto)
1. The Australian Lotto 6/49, Australia’s oldest lottery was established to raise funds for Australia’s national health care system.
2. The Australian Lotto 6/49 is one of the few lotteries around where you can win the jackpot without matching the bonus numbers.
3. The 5 most overdue numbers are 19, 15, 44, 40 and 25.
4. A couple times of times a year, a Superdraw is announced with a special minimum jackpot of over A$20 million!
5. A 45-number pool instead of the usual 49 format means that it’s 42% easier to win the top prize compared to the more common 6/49 lotteries!
6. At a jaw-dropping jackpot of A$112 million, Oz Lotto holds the record for the largest Australian jackpot high of all time.
7. The 5 least commonly numbers drawn are 42, 10, 5, 31 and 8.
8. To win a prize, all you have to do is match a minimum of 3 main numbers and 1 bonus number!
9. Established in 1994, the Australian Oz Lotto was Australia’s first-ever national lottery.
10. The overall odds of winning any prize in the Oz Lotto are an impressive 1 in 7.
11. The 5 most commonly drawn main numbers drawn in the Australian Powerball are 5, 22, 2, 24 and 19
12. The Australian Powerball pays out approximately A$415 million in prizes each year!
13. With 8 prize tiers, the Australian Powerball has more prize categories than the other two lotteries.
14. Australian Powerball adds a A$10 million bonus to each rollover once the jackpot reaches the same amount.
15. In 2013, the Australian Powerball went through some format changes in order to generate higher jackpots and prize amounts! Some of these changes included reducing the main pool number from 45 to 40 and adding a new prize tier.
Now that you’re armed with the facts, why not give these lotteries a go?
With our Australian Outback Special Lottery Combo, you can play all three Australian lotteries just for the prize of 1 Australian Powerball ticket! You never know, the winning ticket might be yours if you play.
The Lotto Express Team
Must be 18+ to play. T&Cs apply. Please gamble responsibly.